17 September 2015

Tonight, I Will Be Prepared

My perfect pain plan devised yesterday was not prepared for the 3am back pain side show.

At 3am, I was suddenly awakened by a back pain to rival any abdominal pain experienced thus far and it was not even thinking of backing off.  This shouldn't have been catastrophic except for the fact that my supplemental pain killer was in the kitchen and I could. not. move.  I had the primary pain killer ready for 6am but that was not a 3am option.

The friend I live with was sleeping soundly on the other side of the house and wouldn't be getting up until 6.  I knew I could call her on the phone from my room but I just couldn't bear to make her pay for my lack of preparation so I just laid there in the midst of this debilitating pain until 6am when she woke up.  Getting out of bed was a disaster again; however, tonight I will be prepared!  I am looking forward to giving a report tomorrow that includes a wail-free morning.  Do I hear an Amen?!

Besides being worn out early on due to the 3am wake up call, it was a really great day with bounteous blessings in the way of selfless, inspired, tireless, generous service rendered by dear and wonderful friends.  I am so very, very blessed.


Tonight, I will be prepared!


4 comments:

  1. Amen!! Not liking these pain filled posts. So sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If ye are prepared, ye shall not fear, right?! Way to go. But...if it doesn't, you can text me at 3:00 am. I'll totally drive over there and get you whatever you need from the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle!!!!!!!! I am up at 3AM. I will come burglarize my way in to help you any time!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! Anyone who loves you would be happy to wake up and get your pain medicine at 3 in the morning. Mama's have to do that stuff for babies/kids all the time. I don't think I've slept a whole night through in 20+ years. You should never hold back if you need something. We all feel more loved if we are asked for help. I love your positive and inspiring thoughts. You amaze me! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete