18 September 2015

Preparation + Prayers


Imagine my delight when, after falling asleep at 10:30pm, the next time I woke up at all was when I looked at my phone and saw this beautiful number!  I hurriedly snapped a photo of the screen to share with each of you.  YIPPEE!!!!  I felt gratitude from the top of my head to the bottom of my toes for a restful, pain-free, uninterrupted night's sleep.  Thank you for your prayers.

Of course, I know I am not the only person you pray for; however, I do know so many of you, individually and in families, pray for the sick and afflicted.  I know that each of those prayers are answered according to the Lord's will and timing.  I am grateful that, last night at least, it was both His will and His timing that I finally get some pain-free sleep.  It was awesome.

Today was great.  I had a productive visit with the doctor and also got some good medical advice from my physical therapist.  I still need to eat more and push myself more with exercise.

My hair is falling out in clumps by the handfuls; there are piles of my hair everywhere.  Tomorrow, I am getting a very short haircut in hopes that we can put off the shave for another few days.  I'm not gonna lie--I am not looking forward to it, but it is definitely time.  You can be sure I will post photos and maybe even a little video tomorrow.  On the bright side, my eyelashes don't seem to be falling out yet.  I hear that some people lose their eyelashes and others don't.  I would love to keep them :)

Off to bed.  Let's all sleep peacefully tonight!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good night's sleep and a good visit with the Dr. I hope things are better with the swallowing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You lost your eyelashes once when you pulled them all out!!! I still remember that story. Hooray for a good nights sleep. That is seriously such joyful news. Love you.

    ReplyDelete