29 September 2015

I Feel Like Cinderella

I had an amazing 24 hours!!!  I felt normal and it was fabulous!  Then, today, at the stroke of 4:00pm, the magic wore off, the coach turned back into a pumpkin, and we are back to crazy land.
But what a wonderful 24 hours it was!

I got up this morning feeling great.  I got some work done, wrote some letters, got ready for the day.  Then, at 9:45, my dear friend came over, and we went together to do ordinance work at the Boise Temple.  It was so great to be there and to feel so good the whole time.  As we were leaving, we ran into another dear friend, BB, who was just arriving.  It was so nice.

We went to lunch at Subway, and I ate an entire Subway salad and loved it!  Salad is my absolute favorite food, and I haven't eaten a single bite of salad since July...so fun.

Lynette dropped me off at Amity's so she could help me with my homework.  We spent a couple of hours taking two tests, and we got 100% on both.  I couldn't stay in school right now if it weren't for her help.

I started melting at about 3:30pm and was fully melted by 4:00.  Fatigue is a side effect of  the chemotherapy.  I spent the rest of the afternoon fighting the urge to sleep because I didn't want to ruin my chances of a full night's sleep.  Fortunately, two wonderful friends came to visit at 7:30pm and we were able to have a nice visit.  I was certainly less than entertaining, but it was so nice to have them here and to feel their love.  I am blessed with wonderful people in my life.

I am trying with all of my little girl heart to get down to Utah for the weekend.  Everything is set up and ready to roll, but I have just got to feel well enough to make the trip down there.  I will meet up with so much family once I get there that I know I will be in good hands....it's just the travel piece still to gear up for.  Do I hear a three cheers for General Conference this weekend?  Hip Hip Hooray!




3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for your good 24 hours. I'd love to read more about those days.
    I will pray that you are able to be with your family for conference. That's always been a special thing for the DuBois family. Sending love this Tuesday night. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Giving the hip hip hooray for General conf and for You! Your positive attitude is extraordinary. You are blessed with a powerful spirit. Enjoy Conf and your family. Best wishes, love the Fishes

    ReplyDelete