23 September 2015

One Hat, Two Hat; Red Hat, Blue Hat

Today was my first day as Baldy.  It didn't bother me at all.  I would even forget about it until someone would come over and make a comment that I would remember,  "Oh yeah, I'm bald!"
I FaceTimed with my sister's family in California tonight.  Upon seeing my bald head on the screen, one of the children said, "I can't look!" and turned away.  One said, "Put that hat back on right now!"  And the 4 year-old said, "You look like Ronald!"  (He is my brother-in-law who is battling Leukemia.)  Another 4 year-old niece who saw me today said, "Michelle, you look different with no hair."

Today, I received a handful of hats in the mail from family and friends.  Here is a sampling:







I don't really know how I will cover the baldness in public but I'm sure we will figure something out.


My parents are here to visit me until Friday.  They are great!
It's funny to see how hard they try to get me to eat.
I told them I just eat little bits of lots of things in the attempt to get in the calories.
The whole experience is both amusing and exhausting.  I'm so glad they are trying.




1 comment:

  1. Your parents are so cute. Glad they are there with you. Loved the fashion show.

    ReplyDelete