10 September 2015

I Hate To Brag...

But, brag I must.

I.ate.solid.food.today.

Thank you very much.

What was it, you may ask?

KFC mashed potatoes and gravy and KFC coleslaw.



Okay, it took me most of the day to eat 12 bites ,but, it was 12 bites more than yesterday.  Who knows?  Maybe I'll eat the rest tomorrow :)


Besides that, it was another interesting day.  It is odd to have to plan every step around how much energy I feel, what food I have or haven't eaten, how dehydrated I suddenly feel.  I went on a little walk at the greenbelt which typically would be gloriously long and it quickly became a chore involving multiple sit-downs and continuously reminding myself that every step toward the bridge will mean one more step back to the car.  I'm trying so hard to be in the moment--the wonderful changing leaves of the greenbelt, the Boise River, the fabulous company.  It just makes me a little nuts when we are walking and the tumors are bumping into each other, I'm losing energy at rapid speed, and my entire bottle of ice and water is completely gone.

Someone mentioned to me today that I haven't mentioned on the blog all the individual acts of service and kindness that are poured upon me every day.  I know that I don't.  It is a conscious choice.  It is because I can't.  For one, I don't even know everything being done.  I appreciate a prayer as much as I appreciate a card or a gift. I also know I cannot sustain it once I go down that road.  To me, it's like acknowledging on the blog each day each individual snowflake in an avalanche.

Nothing goes unnoticed, everything is absorbed with tremendous gratitude and everything is appreciated...every. single. thing.  I just cannot publicize it.  I'm so sorry if that is perceived as ungrateful.  I hope that it is not.

Thank you for every single thing you do for me. I love it so much.   
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you

So here's to a little bragging and some KFC...triumph in the form of mashed potatoes and coleslaw!


6 comments:

  1. Nice work today. Maybe next time you could lick the fried chicken. You know, baby steps... 😀

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are praying for you. Thank you for the updates. Much 💕

    ReplyDelete
  3. The question marks are hearts. Doesn't like my emoticons (smiley face)

    ReplyDelete
  4. KFC mashed potatoes always worked for me when I was pregnant :) woohoo!!!!!

    ReplyDelete