02 September 2015

I Am Starting Chemo Tomorrow

The day started with me getting my morning shot and then thowing up my one bite of breakfast. Even though these two things are unrelated, it made for an interesting morning.  I usually cannot handle the thought of any solid food until late afternoon but I thought I'd give a little egg smashed on toast a try. Nope, not today. I was back to the nasty protein drink for sustenance.

We met with the Medical Oncologist at 8am.  I had my same posse as yesterday, which was great. The oncologist wasted no time letting me know we were getting started on the chemo.  Of course, I was a little taken aback because I thought there was a teeny, tiny possibility the debulking surgery may still happen first.  He told me that my medical team had spoken last night and that they were in agreement that it would be chemo first.  I am just too high a clot risk.  Okee-dokey then.

My first chemo will be tomorrow, the second will be three weeks later, followed by another three weeks after that.  Another three-four weeks later, we are all hoping to finally get in and do the debulking surgery (maybe second week of November?) Then more and more chemo once I am recovered enough.

Tomorrow morning, I will go to the hospital at 6:45am, get my chemo port embedded at 8am, then begin my first chemo treatment.  They told me to plan on five hours for my first chemo experience.

Love and Light to all :)


Evidence that I tried to eat breakfast :)


Melissa filling out MORE paperwork!


My parents who drove through the night from California to be with me !!!!!


Scary face before the oncologist came in


Hangin' out in the office



My medical oncologist, Dr. Williams
We would have made a lovely couple if not for...


Oh, and the nurse Loved my shoes...loved them, I tell you!

16 comments:

  1. You have our love and prayers on your journey. We miss you in Arizona! (But you didn't miss much with the summer heat)
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been anxiously awaiting an update. A friend shared some tips about chemo side effects with me. I will pass it on but I wish there was no need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle-- Dustin and I are thinking of you and praying for you. We love you. Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle, Seriously!!! You are cracking me up with your picture and the by-line of the last one....Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok no really this is definitely the kind of guy I picture you with. Does he have a twin single brother by chance? It's worth asking. You're a tough cookie. Be strong. All the batemans are sending their love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sure look good, still look like you have a lot of spirit!! Dr. Williams, huh, sounds like a good name!! love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You got this! I keep thinking of how much light and love you'll bring to all of the other chemo patients you'll be meeting tomorrow. How lucky they are. So glad you've got a fabulous team. Trust your doctors.
    *btw-toast and eggs are over rated.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sure thinking of you lots! Thanks for sharing detail of this journey, we are all pulling and praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure thinking of you lots! Thanks for sharing detail of this journey, we are all pulling and praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sure thinking of you lots! Thanks for sharing detail of this journey, we are all pulling and praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Michelle, I hope all went very well on this first day of kicking the stinkin' cancer in the.....shins! Obviously you are wearing the right shoes to do it! Keep your fight on!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Today I saw Sherrie Parrish Berry. She started telling me about your health issues. In the middle of her talking, I remembered something and exclaimed, "I dreamed about her last night!" She stepped back, looked at me and wondered why. Then she wondered why I don't dream about her. I don't know! Totally random! I think I need to ask you what you were doing in my dream. What were you doing in my dream? It was a rather disjointed dream. I was trying to find all of my kids and gather them together but I'd also lost my phone and a huge sinkhole had formed outside. Then you ran past me and I thought, "Hey, there's Michelle." Then I returned to my objective of gathering my kids while looking for my phone and avoiding the sinkhole.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can already see you tomorrow as you get your chemo...making friends and smiles, just like my mom did for dialysis.....making heavy stuff, light and lovely. You're the best! .....excited to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Minha querida amiga, estou torcendo por sua recuperação. Te amo muuuuuito. Estamos orando por vc❤

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete