16 September 2015

Started with a wail but everything else was great!

I realized that I've never shared the horrific experience it is to get up in the morning.
It really is an awful thing to see and most of all, to hear.

I know this information may not interest everyone.  I also know that my morning struggle is not the case with everyone with this group of diseases.  I share it because I am an inherently curious person who loves details and this is a detail I would want to know about any friend of mine.

I have to sleep flat on my back so as to not aggravate the triplets.  When it comes time to get up in the morning, the shift from flat back to sitting up straight is the most excruciating pain I have ever felt in my life.  So painful, that I wail the whole time I am struggling to sit up.  It seems as if all of the disease-ridden organs and triplets are trying to find their new comfort spot where they will settle in for the rest of the day.  Once I am standing, all is well and there is very little to no pain the rest of the day.  That pain medication is very powerful.

Tomorrow, I am going to try and take the pain medication 45 minutes before trying to sit up.  I'd like to see if we can cut out the morning screaming with just a little better planning :)

My appetite has diminished again which I am finding frustrating.  I am back to the force-feed of every calorie.  It was fun to eat kind of like a real kid for a few days.

Today was very productive.  Thanks to a friend who comes over a few mornings a week to help me, I got a lot of homework done today, walked twice around the block, moved a lot more today and even sorted through some of the boxes that came from Arizona.  I felt very good today.

Today's photo is in honor of my brother-in-law who got up and walked around the hallways at Huntsman for a bit today.  He received a bone marrow transplant 16 days ago.  This guy is my inspiration.

text from my sister:




3 comments:

  1. Your morning sounds so terrible. I hope taking the meds before you start to move helps. Keep us updated. A productive day makes you feel so good. What a warrior that Ronald is!! And you too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to whoever your wonderful morning friend is! Walks, fresh air, and some box cleaning out makes for a productive afternoon for sure. You are so loved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle you are so strong and brave. I'm praying for you and for your family!

    ReplyDelete