11 September 2015

BPCDSF

Best Post Chemo Day So Far.

The day started out a little sketchy; I didn't know what to expect.  However, around 10:30am, my body turned a corner and actually felt quite good/great for the next eight hours.  I ate some normal food, went on a little field trip to WalMart, and enjoyed a few lovely visits where I actually engaged fully in the conversation without pain or nausea or fatigue disrupting.
Around 6:30pm, the triplet tumors (I named them Ding, Dong, and Dork) started to get all uncomfortable and crowded. I think there may be a fourth one in there by my spleen.  (If there is, I'll name him Dopey.) It happens frequently, usually at night, and feels like all of my normal organs are squished in there with three or four tiny footballs.  Discomfort had definitely set in but not pain, and without complaint on my end because of the eight great hours previous.
I have been told that each post-chemo day should get better and better, until I go back in and start the whole thing over again.  The science of it makes sense to me and definitely made a significant contribution to what I experienced today.  However, as a person of faith, I cannot discount the additional help I received today due to the prayers and faith of others. At 10:02am today, I received the sweetest text from  a friend.  I know it represents so many texts I could have and did receive today.  It reminded me of the power of each prayer in my behalf.  I cannot thank you all enough. Thank you.


Pretty cool, right?  So grateful. 

1 comment: