15 September 2015

Blood Clots and Hair Strands and Whiskers on Kittens

Blood Clots:  I am frequently asked about the status of my blood clots.  I am always impressed by the question because it suggests you've been paying attention to a major issue we have here. I am realizing we talked a lot about them at first and then, not so much.
The blood clot question is such a good one because so much moving forward is dependent upon my blood knowing when to clot and when to stop.  At this point, there is no new information.  I don't feel any new clots anywhere, and there won't be another scan to find them until we get closer to surgery time, which is slated for mid-November after I've completed three rounds of chemotherapy.  I am frequently asked why I don't insist they look sooner; the answer is that there is just nothing to gain at this point by having that information.  That information determines what happens mid-November--not today, and today's information doesn't decide anything about November.
I am still receiving two Lovenox blood thinner shots in my stomach each day.  Their job is to prevent new clots.  We will not be happy if I break through the Lovenox.  The shots do not hurt as much as previously, but I still dread each one.

This is the used Lovenox syringe house.  I dump it when it gets full

Hair Strands:  Yep, the hair is falling out.  I don't know what to expect in the timeline as to when we start cutting or shaving, but it is for sure falling out.  I have a friend who is a stylist and straightens my hair for me when I visit her house, and this evening when I went over for dinner, she came up behind me and started straightening. I noticed she would straighten a strand, throw a few strands on the floor that had fallen out.  Straighten one--throw a few.  Ask Wendy-- it is definitely falling out.
I'm still not sure what the plan is for the official hair gone event, but I will definitely keep you all up to date.



Took this tonight


This is from this morning

My appetite has been pretty good the last few days which has been fun but then today, it seemed to slip a little again which I don't really understand. Must eat.

Thank you for all you do to keep me swimming these days.  This is a journey no one should ever have to take alone.  I know the Holy Ghost is with me so I'm never all alone, but your ministry of presence continues to bless me each day.  Thank you so much



6 comments:

  1. You come up with such creative titles! Thanks for the updates every day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the cute face I know and love. Hair or no hair. Thanks for the updates. Those shots look terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love being involved in your life every day. I look forward to logging on and seeing what awesome things you have to say. Always creative and fun. Seriously? Who has cancer and turns around the situation to make ME feel better? Of course, only My Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the updates. It helps me feel connected (and know what to pray for). I also love seeing your faith in God. You live the lessons you teach.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michelle, for shots in the stomach, I ice up before the shot for about 5 minutes. I should have passed that tip along way before now, I'm sorry. If the shot site hurts after, a very warm, wet wash cloth really helps. Your attitude is exactly what I'd expect from you during this inconvenient test, you're incredible! I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What to do about hair...what are your favorite options? Wigs let you have any hairstyle you want, and Halloween is coming up, so there will be lots of pretty awesome choices--even ones that light up! How do you feel about hats? Scarves? or Roman says, if you're lucky, you will be as good looking as he is with his bald head. ; )

    ReplyDelete