06 September 2015

Sabbath Service

These last couple of days have been pretty rough.  The chemotherapy is doing whatever it does that makes me feel both pain and yuckiness.  I spent until approximately 4 PM in bed today, just trying to get comfortable.  Then shortly after 4, I started feeling quite a bit better, so I got to go over to Melissa's for family dinner and cousin time with the visiting Dibbs.  I was grateful to be able to get out of the house.

Anyone who knows me knows that I love the Sabbath day.  I love church, I love the music, I love my Primary class, I love everything about the Sabbath day.  Today was strange for me because I couldn't go to church.  I felt too nauseous even to watch my traditional Music and the Spoken Word at 9:30am.  However, I sure was the recipient of blessed Sabbath day service!   My sister from California and her family are still in town, Michael and Julia are here, and my sister Melissa and her family have been wonderful.  I'm so grateful for family; I don't know how I would have made it through these last few days without them.  My family spent so much time today serving me.  My sisters washed my hair, forced me to choke down liquid calories that I hate, but I need in order to not get sicker...they gave me my shots.  They have been so kind and good to me.

I want to genuinely thank every single person who fasted on my behalf today.  It's very humbling to know that people are willing to make such a sweet sacrifice on behalf of others.  I really felt as if my little surge of improvement at 4ish was a blessing from heaven after two days of feeling so horrible.  Thank you also to everyone who reached out to visit me today.  I'm so sorry that I felt too yucky to entertain visitors today.


6 comments:

  1. Glad you had a little surge of improvement! And so glad (but not surprised) that your wonderful family is taking such great care of you! Life is Good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending Sunday love to you today. So glad you are surrounded by your people. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle Burk: I'm so grateful you felt better today! And I'm especially happy you were able to be with your family. What wonderful sisters, to love and dote over you! You've shared your love and light to all of us, we're all glad to give a little bit back, in whatever way we can. Hoping tomorrow will bring more happy moments. One day at a time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was our honor to fast for you today. mt view ward

      Delete
  4. Love you friend.
    Thinking and wondering about you daily. Thank you for writing even when you feel crummy. My kiddos are praying & keeping tabs on you. Thank you for your continual example of light and love through out this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie Suter said it perfectly. That's how we feel too.
    Ps Lucy got after Annie this morning when she failed to mention your name in our breakfast prayer. We love you so.

    ReplyDelete