23 October 2015

Three Chemo Down

Chemo #3 is in the record books.  Now, the story of post-chemo 3 is being written.

The first couple of days included energy, appetite, pretty good everything all-around.

On the afternoon of day three (Thursday), it all tanked.  We are back to fighting for every ounce of energy, no appetite..the whole routine.

However, my sister Mindy showed up from San Francisco on Wednesday with baby Berrett!  Her timing was great and it's been all blessing to have her here.

The little food I have been eating the last couple of days hasn't stayed down well.  I'm not doing well with car transportation lately.  It seems like I throw up every time I get out of a car.  This is a new development which I hope is short-lived.

With chemo 3 done, the next item on the agenda is the massive de-bulking surgery which we are hoping takes place 01 December.

Please pray that the tumors will shrink.  The smaller the tumors, the more enthusiastic the surgeon is about the success of the surgery and the post-op recovery. So far, the jury is out as to whether or how much they are shrinking.  We need them to be smaller.  I ask for your faith and prayers with this.  I know that IF it is the will of the Lord, they will shrink.



8 comments:

  1. You have our prayers for sure. Tell Mindy her haircut is cute and squish little Berrett with kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby Berrett therapy is the best medicine ever!! What an Angel! Mindy had perfect timing.
    Faith and prayers will continue. XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. God Bless Sisters! Mindy's visit was heaven sent, and cute little Berrett smiling on your lap must have been the highlight of the week. Praying for you everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you have some bright days and moments during this journey. I'm still praying for you. Hold on my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness gracious, you and Berrett are so darn cute together! Mindy and Berrett are super cute together in the selfie, too. I hope you get lots of baby squeals and slobbery kisses from your darling baby nephew. I hope Mindy can cheer you on, one spoonful of food at a time! Meanwhile: stay out of cars - right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Exactly what Colleen said above. I love that mindy could come. And that baby!! Our faith and prayers are with our dear Michelle Dubois. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I emailed you some great quotes from Stake Conference tonight. I'm pretty sure everyone was speaking to you! I wrote as fast as I could, trying to catch every good phrase. Hope it's a good night!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That baby Barrett's face is so cute I just want to grab it & squeeze it. As my sweet mom used to say, "so cute, I could just snuff you up my nostrils!" Endearing, I know. Glad you had some well timed company. Prayers for your tumors to shrink and prayers for your doctors each step of the way! Best Wishes, love the Fishes

    ReplyDelete