04 October 2015

Fabulous

Great Saturday.  Great Sunday.  So very glad I went to Utah.

So many sweet highlights but it definitely rocked to see so much of my family in just 2.5 days.  I had family with me for each session of conference.  They had tickets to the conference center for each session but rotated between the conference center and sitting with me.  It was so nice.

We all got together after the priesthood session.  That was a definite highlight.  Everyone came to my friend's ginormous house where I was staying and it was so much fun. I got to visit with so many family members and it is always a blast to watch the cousins play so cute together.

After the morning session of conference today, which I watched with 13 family members and a friend at the house, we all met for one last time at a park in Bountiful close to where Ronald is sequestered.

We had a lovely picnic at the park and then we hopped in our cars and headed back to our individual cities and states.

My energy held up quite well on both Saturday and Sunday.  I melt every day round 6pm and struggle to regain energy but I cannot complain because making it that long makes for such better days.  I really wish I could push through that 6pm lethargy but I'm grateful for the strength I do have.

Eating continues to be such a problem.  I rarely get in more than 500 calories a day and it is very frustrating.  I have a daily goal to eat, eat, eat.

I have been sleeping very well at night and for that, I am extremely grateful.  Thank you for your prayers,

I am grateful to be surrounded by so many people of faith.  I love all people everywhere and am grateful for each person's contribution to my life; however, I find that I am the most strengthened and uplifted by wonderful people of faith.  Thank you for lifting me with your faith.  I need you.

Three million cheers for General Conference.  Can't beat it.


 Crazy Aunt Michelle who refuses to wear a hat


Dad showing off his Team Michelle T-shirt


Super-Cute 16 year old nieces.  They called themselves the "Modest Monkeys" when they were just little.  They are awesome


Some of the Conference Center crew.  Bright looking bunch for sure


All of the Du Bois clan that was in Utah for the weekend.  We missed you, Mark and Matt!!


5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that things went well here in Utah. That big house really is incredible. How awesome that sweet family opens their home to you and yours. We are praying for you to sleep well at night. Loved all these photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your family is pretty incredible! I listened to all sessions of conference and thought about you. Didn't you think that most of the talks were written just for you?! I thought some of them should have just started with, "Hey Michelle Dubois, This talks for you!" Here are some of my favorite quotes:
    Dallin H. Oaks: "He knows of our anguish, and He is there for us."
    Neill F. Marriott: "Open your heart, seek to do His will. If you do your best, it will all work out."
    Larry R. Lawrence: "Our direction is more important than our speed. Be better today than we were yesterday. We must be on a course of steady improvement."
    Vern P. Stanfill: "There is no darkness so dense, so menacing, or so difficult, that it cannot be overcome by light."
    Apostle Paul: "I can do all things through Christ who strengtheneth me."
    Dallin H. Oaks: "Earth has no sorrow that Heaven cannot cure."
    Robert D. Hales: "If you are there for the Lord, He will be there for you."
    Quentin L. Cook had a good one for you for eating everyday: "Self Control is like a muscle--the more you use it, the better you get."
    My all time personal favorite--Robert D. Hales: "When you cannot do what you've always done, then you only do what matters most."
    I sure love you! M







    ReplyDelete
  3. OH Michelle! I am so happy to see all of the pictures of our family! THANK YOU. We really wanted to come and were so happy for the invitation but it couldn't work this time since Joe and his wife Cortney came to visit us, today - on Sunday as well as needing to be here for our mission Sunday duties. ALL of you look wonderful and SO joyful to be together for your traditional family reunion and spiritual renewal that comes at Conference. I'm inspired by the leaders of our church and the lights of your family who came together to let their lights so shine and build each other up and make new priceless memories. Many more memories are ahead in November at Selekka's return talk in Sacrament Meeting. We will be there.. Have a happy new week, doing something that you love! It sounds like each of your days are improving! Onward ever onward! I love you. Aunt B

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy you were able to be with family for all 4 sessions of conference. It is a double boost! Glad you made it back to our neck of the woods safely. You are always in our thoughts and prayers, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy you were able to be with family for all 4 sessions of conference. It is a double boost! Glad you made it back to our neck of the woods safely. You are always in our thoughts and prayers, my friend!

    ReplyDelete