20 October 2015

Cinderella Part Two

8:30am-  Amity picked me up and dropped me off at the hospital
8:45am-  Lab draws through my port
9:00am- Met with Oncologist and my sister
10:30am-4:00pm Chemo treatment
11:00am-present (9:30pm) Feeling great and normal

I felt like myself today.  It is hard to explain how much I've missed my own self.  Enjoying this fall season has been darn near impossible because I have felt so sick most of the time.

During the 5.5 hour chemo treatment, my normal self had fun conversations. I made some new friends with staff members, visited with the cute dietician about institute and singles wards,  talked with the beautiful Lutheran chaplain about the restoration of the gospel through the prophet Joseph Smith (She will be a wonderful Relief Society President sooner than later), ate real food and enjoyed it, and had a really good time.  Melissa is always faithfully by my side and having Jeanette there for the last few hours was a bonus.  On the way out of the chemo center, we found a wig room, and I had some fun trying on some wigs.  I'm not convinced that the bald look is my absolute favorite, but I know that I prefer it over wigs for the time being.  I'm probably heading in the hat direction sooner than later, especially since it's the weather is starting to cool down.







After the chemo, it was off to The Olive Garden where I was treated to the Never Ending Pasta Bowl. True to their word, they comp'd my dinner again.  My oncologist was unhappy again about my weight.  I had lost another ten pounds since my last appointment. Olive Garden is a great place to start to regain weight.  Did you know that each breadstick is 140 calories?  You had better believe I said "yes" to each time the server asked "Would you like grated cheese on that?" The server sent me home with an extra bowl of pasta just to contribute to my weight gain.







I was feeling so great, I invited a couple of friends to meet me at The Village Meridian to watch the nighttime light displays and enjoy the fall weather outside.  It was so fun.  I felt NORMAL!!



Thank you for so many prayers, thoughts, and well-wishes today,  I know I was blessed today by the miracle of medicine as well as the power of priesthood, love, and  prayer.

Part of me knows I should go to bed now to keep up my routine.  The other part of me wants to stay up all night and have a slumber party because I don't know when the carriage is going to turn into a pumpkin again.  Best day in....I don't know how long.

12 comments:

  1. Hooray for your great day! Love the wig photos. Will show the girls in the morning. Long blonde locks...woot woot. ;)
    I wish I could have been with you at the Olive Garden. What a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good on ya. What a spectacular day. Love hearing about the Olive Garden treatment. You deserve it. Did not want to know how many calories are in a breadstick though. Good for you, bad for me. You are blessed and gracious about it. We love you. Best wishes from the fishes

    ReplyDelete
  3. BARNOLD here: You make spaghetti look as delicious as lobster! May your magical day go on indefinitely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The girls got a chuckle out of the long blonde wig. Endless possibilities! Wondering how you are today...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hip hop hooray for good days! !! Wish I could come party with cinderella! Lots of prayers and hugs through heaven coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. .....and what kind is wigs are those? ?? Are you sure it wasn't just a room for some Halloween fun? ??
    Hahaha xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. .....and what kind is wigs are those? ?? Are you sure it wasn't just a room for some Halloween fun? ??
    Hahaha xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hip hop hooray for good days! !! Wish I could come party with cinderella! Lots of prayers and hugs through heaven coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You deserved a Cinderella Day! Wish we could call down your Fairy God Mother to wave her wand and make more days like this. *And thanks for lunch! Loved spending time with you.

    ReplyDelete