30 January 2016

2.6

I would say the biggest change since my last post is that I have eaten more.  I've actually gained 2.6 pounds in the past week!  What am I eating, you ask?  In the past week, I've eaten Costa Vida sweet pork salad, buttered noodles, Kimchi, pizza, restaurant Mexican, and restaurant Italian.   I also enjoy tomato and orange juice.

I don't know if that list looks impressive to you or not....I eat random things when I have cravings, and I'm never sure what it will be or when.  I wish I was on a more normal schedule where I was eating regular food at regular times of the day, but I am grateful to be consuming anything and grateful for cravings that are coming more frequently.

Tuesday marks the start of Chemo Round Two.  I've been pleasantly surprised with the minimal side effects I experience with Round One.  I pray every day that the chemo is doing what it's supposed to be doing, and that we can obliterate this disease from my body.

Thank you for your help with managing the last couple of weeks.  I know your faith and prayers are helping me!


11 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Hoary for real food. Your last post made me laugh. When I worked BMT several of my patients who were NPO would watch the food network and I could never understand why! Josie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, Michelle! We're thinking of you, and wish you more comfort and more healing this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Val set us up so we can comment.😊
    We've been with you every step of the way, and you are in our prayers daily! Hang in there, Michelle! You are truly an inspiration!
    We love you!
    Dave and Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like the chemo is doing it right this time! Great news on the 2.6 lb.! I've heard "foodies" - people who daily post pictures of their beautiful meals - accidentally gain weight, 20-30 pounds a year! Start taking and posting pictures of your delectable dinners, luscious lunches and beautiful breakfasts! You are doing great! XXXOOO

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so so glad that you are able to eat more! Wish that I could be there to cook for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So so happy you've been able to eat, and that this chemo, so far, has had less side effects than the first kind! We pray for you every single day! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So so happy you've been able to eat, and that this chemo, so far, has had less side effects than the first kind! We pray for you every single day! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a VERY impressive list of food. I'm ecstatic to read about a 2.5 lb weight gain!! You are a Rock Star!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always laugh that most people have a New Years goal to lose weight--and your New Years goal is to GAIN weight😂😂😂. Love it. Keep gaining;).

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so happy to read your latest post. It's spectacular about the weight gain. Me too ;) I like the variety of food your getting. Hope you are still enjoying walks. Go round two. Kick it! We love you and continue to pray for you. Best Wishes from the Fishes

    ReplyDelete