03 February 2016

Two In Two

I've just complete two chemotherapies in two days.  One was IV, and the other was IP.  They were both made more bearable by the friends and family who, not only transported, but sat with me and visited with me during the total of 12 hours of treatment.

I received my CA 125 result today, which is the indicator that measures the cancer antigens in my body.  The good news is that this number is lower than it was three weeks ago when we started this new round of treatments.  I was delighted to find that out today!  The doctors will test again about three weeks from now.  Our prayer is that this number continues to decrease.  The CA 125 number in  a normal, non-cancer person is around 30.  Mine is currently 545, which is significantly down from some of my previous numbers--1900, 3500, 6500, and 7500--all of which were pre-surgery.  545 is not at all where we want to land, but it is the best number we've seen so far ever.

I ask that you will continue to pray that the chemotherapy will do what it's designed to do, and that we can get this disease kicked to the curb.  The medical professionals I've met with the past two days have been surprised at the minimal side effects I've experienced the last three weeks.  I tell them every time:  I have an army of friends and family that are praying for me.  I know we don't always get what we pray for; I understand that.  But I do feel that, at least for the time being, our prayers for my progress are being answered the way we have hoped they would be.  Thank you so much!

My next IP chemo is next Tuesday.

A friend brought me a small Costa Vida sweet pork salad to the hospital.  As you can see, I devoured every bite of it!

11 comments:

  1. Yay for low(er) numbers! Love you, and sweet pork salad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such terrific news!! Yeah!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. From 7500 to 545?? Wow. You don't normally see stats from prayer, but those are pretty good! I'm so happy that you are seeing the tender mercies and sweet blessings in every small way--less side effects, smaller numbers, food being eaten, friends sitting with you... You are so loved!! You really are a light to all of us that God hears and answers prayers. Shine on, beautiful Michelle! We all love you and will continue to pray for you daily.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear that blasted chemo is doing its job. Hope and pray that you continue to have minimal side effects. Life is good :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rooting for the numbers to come down! Hope you will continue to have great success in feeling as good as possible!! Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rooting for the numbers to come down! Hope you will continue to have great success in feeling as good as possible!! Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes on your numbers coming down! That is the right direction. And I love that you downed that salad!! Wahoo. Still praying. Still thinking of you. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic news! We are praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic news! We are praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Michelle... That is such great news! Big congrats on the numbers going down. That is such a good indicator and relief that the chemo recipe is working. No less miraculous are your minimal side effects (especially with that IP) and ability to eat. You are an amazing fighter and inspiration to us all! Love and hugs from one of the soldiers in your army! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeaaaa for declining numbers! Our family continues to pray for you & that he angels will buoy you up so you can have the strength to do all you need to & to keep your beautiful self smiling. You brighten our day with your sweet smile & laughs! I had a very emotional girl (Kiali) just walk in & ask if she could visit with you (& Hal)! I'm not sure if you are up to it...I will try to contact you or your sis. You are soooo very loved. My kids still remember when the Boise temple was closed, you watched my kids all day & night so John & I could go down to Twin Falls to the Temple! You took them swimming at the Idaho Athletic Club & spoiled them with your time & love. It still touches my heart when I think about how much you have served us & our ward family! It is always a treat to see you at the school or at a sporting event cheering on all your little fans who adore you so much. I remember the first time we moved in to the ward & you wanted to meet all our kids & remember all 6 of their names! You always make everyone feel so special! We love you Michelle & we continue to pray for you! You are one amazing lady! Sending prayers & strength your way!

    ReplyDelete