12 February 2016

Six Down, Twelve to Go.....Two Down, Four to Go

I finished chemo number six of eighteen on Tuesday (or two down, four more series of treatments to go).  I haven't felt crummy, but I sure wish I had an appetite for food.

I'm meeting with a physical therapist twice a week now to see if we can loosen up the massive amounts of scar tissue I have under my skin as a result of my surgery.  Even when I'm not feeling crummy, I have a hard time with a lot of movement because I'm encumbered by the scar tissue.  I'm always trying to think of ways to describe how the scar tissue feels.  It's hard, because I've never felt anything like this before.  It's kind of like having a coat of armor, which is about four sizes too small, tightened around my ribs,   You can imagine how difficult it is to straighten your spine with something that tight tugging at you all the time.  I have an outstanding physical therapist and think that working with him is going to make a difference.

I'm looking forward to no chemotherapy next week and hope that the further we get from it, the more I'll feel like eating.  Someone asked me the other day if I feel as much support at this stage of the game as I did at the beginning.  The answer is definitely yes.  I just can't believe how good and helpful people are.

Thank you for all of your support and help.

10 comments:

  1. You're a third of the way done! How exciting is that! Keep up the good work. I hope and pray your appetite comes back and your able to figure out life with scar tissue. Life is Good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have healed enough to start physical therapy, you're in a good place, that's progress! I spent 18 months with two different physical therapists, both really great. They make a big difference in your healing...especially if you follow through with your exercises at home. : ) I'm so happy you have someone you like working with you. I'll keep praying for an increased appetite. Happy Valentine's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your description of the scar tissues does not sound comfortable. good luck with the physical therapist this week. i hope it will be very helpful. this journey you were forced to be on is scary, i'm glad you can still feel of our love and support and prayers. we sure love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure we can come up with some super hero identity with a hidden coat of armor under the skin. Cape our no cape? Love you, Michelle. Wishing you a very happy chemo free week. Mindy and kids are passing through tomorrow and we're excited to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michelle, you rock!! What courage it takes to ENDURE through the end of this! Hope you feel our love and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michelle, you rock!! What courage it takes to ENDURE through the end of this! Hope you feel our love and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought of you as I read news that the MoTab is extending an open invitation to people around the world to sing and perform with them virtually this Easter... YOU should do it!!! How cool is that to "sing" with your favorite band :-) Here is the link for more info: virtualchoir.mormon.org

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're attitude amazes me, Michelle. Keep fighting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! No chemo this week! I'm glad that your physical therapist is motivating, he'll help dissolve the "under armor"! Hope you get to eat your favorites at Olive Garden this week, that means lots of bread sticks and salad :D Keep your fight on, you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoy the week ahead! So glad things are going as well as they are! Journey On!!!
    (I'm with Bonnie on the "UNDER ARMOR" slang for your scar tissue... that business makes a killing off that Brand..... they'd be smart to use
    you as a one of the courageous faces of "UNDER ARMOR"!) ;-)

    ReplyDelete