24 January 2016

Better Than Expected

I have felt better following this first round of treatments than I had expected to.  Don't get me wrong....I feel yucky ALL the time.  But this yucky doesn't include severe nausea and vomiting, which is really great.

I've had more of an appetite the last two days, and I've managed to eat (and almost enjoy) buttered noodles and some restaurant Mexican.  It's good to have something besides yucky drink all the time.  I dream about food almost every night.  One night this week, I dreamed about a ham and pepperoni sandwich.  Another night, it was spoon-size shredded wheat cereal.  I wake up with the dreams lingering and hoping I will still want to eat, but reality is a different story!

I have also been watching quite a few episodes of a program called Chopped on the Food Network this past week.  I also watch Hallmark movies on occasion.  I go on walks every day, and I try to go a little farther each time.  I sure love it when the sun shines, even if it's cold, and I'm glad I don't live on the East Coast these days!

Thank you so much for reaching out to me--I'm sorry I don't have the energy to reach back the way I wish I could.  Thanks for praying for me, too.  I know it helps me.

10 comments:

  1. David and I are so happy to read your update. I guess you and Uncle David have something ELSE in common: you both dream about food! His are usually day dreams. Thanks for being in tune to feel all of the prayers for you. It's nice that you can safely walk in Meridian. We are covered with snow and ice - it's not a good time to be walking about in Wyoming or Washington D.C.! We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My prayer for you is that the nausea and vomiting never come back. I'll try to be really specific about that tonight! : )
    I'm so happy you're dreaming about food and walking daily. I'll also pray that your dreams will come true so you can eat that ham and pepperoni sandwich. Ha! Another fun show you should watch is "Fixer Upper" on HGTV with Chip and Joanna Gaines. They are so fun together, and it's amazing to see their transformations of old homes. Sure love you. M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Walks are good for the soul. Keep that up. Can you handle cottage Cheese and tomatoes?! Our little ones always mention you in their prayers. Thinking of you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you Michelle! You are truly amazing:).

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO happy that first round ended up better than expected! I too look forward to those days of great feasting ahead of you!!
    Sure love you Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for you always! I remember how much the youth loved you at West Jordan. What a great teacher you are! I've been teaching at the University of Utah Institute for eleven years now, but I cherish most those days at WJ and the friendships I made there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are doing a great job of keeping your spirit up! My kids have been watching Chopped Junior...if you haven't seen it, you should watch. It is very funny and sometimes stressful (for the parent in me...they are so little and the kitchen is a dangerous place!) but it has some really wonderful moments.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Morning Michelle. Glad to see that this round is more favorable for you. You are blessed. We hope you get more Foods that are to your liking. That's funny that you dream about food most nights. Maybe that's a blessing and a curse. 😜 We love you and will continue to pray for you. Best Wishes from the Fishes,

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are really an inspiration Michelle! Keep up the good work. I hope something will sound and taste yummy this week. Love and prayers headed your way Always! 😀❤️

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's warming up here in Omaha. The sun was shining today, warm enough to melt the majority of the snow from weeks ago. I felt the sunshine this morning and thought of you all day! Love and Prayers from Nebraska!

    ReplyDelete