10 January 2016

Strength Beyond My Own

Yesterday I received a phone call from Jeanette's bishop.  He asked if I would like a priesthood blessing leading into the coming week.  I was delighted that he called, but a little bit baffled about how he knew what was coming this week.

When he and his counselor arrived this afternoon, I asked him how he knew what was coming up.  He responded that I'd been on his mind repeatedly on Saturday, which is odd because I've never met him.  So he asked his wife if she still had my blog address.  They pulled up the blog and discovered that I was starting chemotherapy again this week, which encouraged him to reach out to me and ask if I wanted a blessing.

I was touched by his story and grateful that the Lord is mindful of me and aware of what is going on.  I don't remember all of the blessing, but I do remember being blessed with strength beyond my own, and help from both sides of the veil.

I am, understandably, not excited about the upcoming treatments and ask for your help.  Please continue to pray for me, that I will have the mental and physical stamina to endure these treatments.  Please pray that they will be effective, that they will kill the remaining cancer cells in my body.  Please pray that I will endure minimal side effects associated with these drugs.

My treatments this week are Tuesday at 8:30 am and Wednesday at 9:00 am, then again the following Tuesday.

Thank you so much for all of your prayers and thoughts and encouragement and help.  I love you so much.

10 comments:

  1. I'm grateful for your priesthood blessing. You are always in our prayers but especially for Tuesday and Wednesday this week. Loves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that he called you. What a wonderful Bishop! And how blessed is it to have a God that pulls lives together for good. I wrote down your prayer requests word for word, and will be praying of you everyday. Pre Hunter's quote in today's RS manual was awesome: "If our lives and our faith are centered upon Jesus Christ and his restored gospel, NOTHING can ever go PERMANENTLY wrong." I believe it. What a great quote, full of HOPE of good days to come! We love you sweet Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, one more: "Expect and Prepare to Accomplish the Impossible." Russell M. Nelson. Yes! That one's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Minha amiga tão querida, estivemos em Idaho para o Natal e queria muito te-la visto, ia levar uns brigadeiros pra você, queria matar as saudades e te levar um pouquinho do Brasil. Infelizmente nao nos vimos mas quero que você saiba que está sempre em meus pensamentos, estou acompanhando seu blog e fico tão feliz a cada vitória sua. Eu te amo tanto, oro muito pra que você fique bem. Te amo❤

    ReplyDelete
  5. Minha amiga tão querida, estivemos em Idaho para o Natal e queria muito te-la visto, ia levar uns brigadeiros pra você, queria matar as saudades e te levar um pouquinho do Brasil. Infelizmente nao nos vimos mas quero que você saiba que está sempre em meus pensamentos, estou acompanhando seu blog e fico tão feliz a cada vitória sua. Eu te amo tanto, oro muito pra que você fique bem. Te amo❤

    ReplyDelete
  6. We will absolutely be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful post. Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ know us each, and bless us constantly. Love ya lots.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying for you and knowing that our prayers are answered, feel peaceful and know you are on good hands.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Always happy to pray for you and specifically for you to have strength. You are blessed. Best wishes from the fishes

    ReplyDelete