19 January 2016

One Down, Five to Go; Three Down, Fifteen to Go

I finished my first complete round of my new chemotherapy today!  Due to the fluids and drugs they gave me, I have a bit more energy this evening, but my appetite is still a complete loss.  I lost four pounds since last Wednesday, and got many lectures today at the hospital about eating more and drinking more fluids.

I can honestly say that the side effects of the first two treatments this round were better than I expected.  I'm not sure what to expect from the one I had today.  I start up again in thirteen days, and I'm hoping to have some appetite back by the first part of next week.

Let me know if you have any great ideas about what I should be doing with my time the next thirteen days....it's hard to fill the long hours without a schedule.

Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers!  I really believe they help me.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Friend, ideas to spend your time, have a milkshake or smoothie, see Star Wars again because it's fun to pick up on things you didn't notice the first time. Play the piano. Water color painting and/ or do boondoggle. :) hope these ideas spark something fun for you. We love you. Best Wishes from the Fishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you keep feeling good! Here are my Top 10 ideas for Things To Do:
    1-Call/text and Invite people over you want to visit with--everyone would love to come.
    2-Go through digital pictures on your computer and select some for photo books. Delete ones that you don't want anymore. Then make digital books online, Shutterfly.com
    3-Listen to BYU ed week speeches on YouTube.
    4-Write emails to your cute nieces and nephews.
    4- There area a million sewing projects from cross-stitch to embroidery, knit, crochet, etc. We can get you any supplies that you want.
    5-Write/email missionaries in the stake. We have some pretty great ones out right now, and they LOVE getting letters.
    6-Make some Valentines for your favorite people and get them in the mail before Feb 14th.
    7-YouTube some art classes--drawing, sketching, pastels, watercolor, etc.
    8-Listen to audio books, or read a long series. Make a trip to the library.
    9-Watch "White Collar" on Netflix. *I will marry him in my next life...
    10-Call us if you want to get out, we would all love to drive you around town--anytime, anywhere. : )
    Bonus Idea: BLOG MORE! That would make all of us happy. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brent wants you I suck on M&ms to feel good and gain wt.! You probably don't feel like doing anything, even with suggestions! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brent wants you I suck on M&ms to feel good and gain wt.! You probably don't feel like doing anything, even with suggestions! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing I had great ideas for you to pass the time. You are such a go getter I know it's really hard on you. No more losing weight. You hear me?! 😘😘😘

    ReplyDelete