30 December 2015

Refried Bean to End 2015

The last week has seen significant improvement in my eating.  I have a particular fondness for the runny refried beans at Mexican restaurants.  I've also continued to graze on leftover spiral ham from Christmas....oh, and Simply Orange orange juice!  I have gotten enough calories from food the last few days that I haven't had a yucky drink since Friday.

I am enjoying this little period of eating as I'm not super optimistic about what my appetite will be once the chemo starts again.  But until then......it's a very welcome change.


Half a pastrami sandwich I ate in San Francisco.  Nice to eat real food!




11 comments:

  1. Beans, pork, and fruit!!! Those are all lucky New Year’s Eve foods :-) I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying a week of real food. Thinking of you! Love and Prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you home yet? I've missed you! Text me when you are home! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you home yet? I've missed you! Text me when you are home! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!! Good news on food! Hope it lasts!! Hugs and loves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this picture of you in front of the Golden Gate bridge. You look great! Sounds like your Christmas vacation was exactly what you needed. I'm so happy to hear that you're eating. Good things are headed your way this year, I just know it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking of you and hoping for improved strength in 2016! XCOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year Michelle! I adore yummy refried beans too, they are delicious comfort food, aren't they? I love the pictures of you with your CA family and look forward to more healthy pictures in 2016. Sure, you have some speed bumps ahead to "look forward" to, but think about the purpose of a speed bump: slow down, look ahead, watch out for others, then get going safely to your destination! You can do this! Drive on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well happy new year! Hope this one has way more good news than last! So glad you are recovering w we ll. Always thinking about you, with a prayer always. Xoxo, hailey

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well happy new year! Hope this one has way more good news than last! So glad you are recovering w we ll. Always thinking about you, with a prayer always. Xoxo, hailey

    ReplyDelete
  11. So happy to read your blog updates. Love the small yet gigantic progress you've made. You are blessed. Keep getting stronger. We love you. Best wishes from the Fishes

    ReplyDelete