15 December 2015

Post-Op Follow-Up

This morning I had my first follow-up with my surgeon.  I had the staples removed from my incision.  The PA who removed the staples said that my incision was the longest one she'd ever seen, which is not surprising give the fact that the doctor said that he used two full staple guns worth of staples on me!

I also learned more about my upcoming chemotherapy, which will begin the first week of January.  It sounds like the treatment is going to be pretty crazy.  After hearing more about the treatment plan, I decided to just cross that bridge when I come to it and enjoy the next couple of weeks.

Day-to-day necessities are getting a little easier each day.  I had my best night's sleep last night since returning from the hospital.

Thank you for your continued prayers and encouragement.  I never stop needing them!

7 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are home. You are in my thoughts and prayers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you are home. You are in my thoughts and prayers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing how a solid night of sleep can impact our health and well being. Have a great day filled with more strength and increase calories. You are loved. Best wishes from the Fishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, two full staple guns worth of staples???!! That's crazy! Glad to hear you're are making progress. I hope your nights of sleep get better and better with each day. Good thinking on enjoying the holidays before thinking about the next steps. Love ya and remember Life is Good :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two full staple guns?? How many staples is that? Probably a world record.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad to hear that day to day things are getting easier for you. It's a different life and perspective we have when our day to day routine and abilities change. I get a taste of disability from time to time and I know I never think of God and pray so much as I do when I'm in constant pain. I can't imagine what you are going through right now. I'm praying for you to get well and that you do enjoy the next couple of weeks and I pray that things will work out according to the righteous desires of your heart. LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness on so many staples. Good idea to enjoy the next few weeks the best you can. Loves.

    ReplyDelete