18 December 2015

Trying So Hard

I'm trying so hard to do what I'm supposed to do to get stronger.  Eating is probably my biggest challenge, as I still have absolutely no appetite but a body that needs protein and calories to get stronger.  It is a daily battle.

Every day I try to walk a little more than the day before.  Sometimes I will only make it from the car door to the door of the store before I end up in a wheelchair, but each day I am doing a little bit more.

I've got to get these little stick figure legs strong again so that I can walk like a normal person.

My days and nights are extremely long, and seem to run into each other.  I am trying so hard to figure out how to manage this new life.  It's not easy.

I'm frequently asked what my Christmas plans are.  I'm actually flying to San Francisco to spend a week with my sister's family.  I'm not sure what we're all thinking, carting me off to California, but I'm so grateful that Mindy's willing to give it a try.

I'm so grateful for all of the people who do so much for me every single day.  It is certainly not for lack of support that I'm struggling with this new normal.




10 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for having this blog and posting updates so often...I check it whenever I get down, when I need motivation to keep going (which is often since my thesis is due next week). You are inspiring us all! You are probably doing this already, but try milkshakes....1 c. hagaan daaz ice cream and 1/2 c milk...blend and drink. I can't imagine a more wonderful place for you to be during the holidays than with Mindy and her beautiful little children! Say hello to her from me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for having this blog and posting updates so often...I check it whenever I get down, when I need motivation to keep going (which is often since my thesis is due next week). You are inspiring us all! You are probably doing this already, but try milkshakes....1 c. hagaan daaz ice cream and 1/2 c milk...blend and drink. I can't imagine a more wonderful place for you to be during the holidays than with Mindy and her beautiful little children! Say hello to her from me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. New normals are so difficult. Especially when it is something you never signed up for, and never wanted. But here we are. We've all prayed you to this miraculous healing place. So just take it one day at a time. Eat anything, just take a bite and swallow it down so your body has fuel to heal. It's no longer about appetite, taste or texture, just food to fuel. Your body needs it, so just give in. You are so strong, and so courageous. We all know you can do this! California will be a refreshing change from your long days and nights. Look forward to it. I loved seeing you this week. I believe in you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bless your sweet heart! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a great holiday with your sweet family in San Fran. You are a blessed woman. So grateful for your example of determination and hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and best wishes, love the Fishes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i think about you everyday. i wish i was with you to drink one of your gross drinks with you. i'm so happy to hear you are going to SF for Christmas. that's the best place i can think of. that dibb family will be just what the doctor ordered. i will be praying for you as you make your journey and hope you have a nice holiday with them. lots of love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! You get to see your family, the ocean & beach! You have something wonderful to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear you are doing so well! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thinking about you and praying for you. Have a wonderful Christmas in San Francisco!

    ReplyDelete