03 December 2015

No Cheating

Not much new to report...Michelle is doing a lot of good sleeping, and her doctors and nurses are all being very upbeat and positive about her progress so far.

When the respiratory therapist was here just a few minutes ago, she had Michelle do some breathing exercises to keep her lungs nice and strong.  They were supposed to do the exercise 10 times.  The therapist eventually lost track of what number they were on, saying, "I think this is number six?   Or maybe it's seven...."

Michelle chimed in in her little raspy voice, "This is number six."

"Thanks," the therapist told her.  "You know, you could have cheated just then and not done the whole set!"

"Oh no," Michelle replied, very seriously.  "I wouldn't do that.  Cause I really want to get better."

One of my favorite moments of the day.

7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. Honest Abe. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm so glad to read these updates! Glad she is willing to do hard work to get better. Thanks for keeping us all updated. Love y'all! Life is Good :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you Michelle! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you Michelle! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And that is why we all LOVE her so much!! Keep counting. We want you to get better too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've always Ben diligent and determined. Good on ya. Loving you and your progress. Best Wishes from the Fishes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michelle 'no cutting corners' you are awesome.

    ReplyDelete