13 December 2015

Being Home

Being home is definitely better than being in the hospital.

It is still very challenging and I am so grateful for all of the help I am receiving with day-to-day necessities like showering, walking, moving from one spot to another, staying on top of shots and medications, finding ways to fill the long hours of the day, settling in to sleep...

So far, there haven't seemed to be any setbacks or complications for which I am extremely grateful.

I am also grateful for pain medication, a fireplace, comfortable blankets and pillows, hot water for showering, an army of helpful family and friends, peace when I pray.

I know this healing requires patience and work and strength beyond my own.  Thank you for your sustaining prayers and faith.  I feel them.  I need them as much as ever.  This is tough stuff.

I know that there were many miracles involved in my surgery.  Sometime, I will share some of them...when the time is right.  Please know that your prayers and fasting for miracles have blessed me beyond reason.

I love you all.  Thank you for hanging in there with me.


5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're home now and settling in. And I'm so glad you have a great team of family and friends to help you day to day. Wish I was closer. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always nice to be home after a surgery. Glad you continue to tough through this hard stuff. Keep up the good work! Life is good :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A few days ago I rode my bike along the Indian Bend Wash trail. We had talked about doing that. I wished I had a wagon behind my bike, with you in it, so that I could have pulled you along to see the green grass and the ponds, and feel the warm sun. Enjoy your fireplace and snuggly blankets. I'm thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are doing so remarkably well and we are grateful for you and your example of faith in our lives. May you have a great day filled with strength, rest, and something yummy to eat. I think I'll have Christmas Chex mix for breakfast. Best wishes love the Fishes.

    ReplyDelete