28 March 2016

More of the Same

Today I finished my tenth of fifteen radiation treatments.  I haven't recognized any difference yet, but I hear it might be a little premature for me to feel the changes.  I'm still throwing up every day, even though I'm taking a mountain of anti-nausea medication.  I feel crummy 90% of the time that I'm awake.  My radiology oncologist is quite convinced that my nausea and throwing up is directly related to the radiation.  I'm really hoping that it is, because it suggests an end in sight.

On a more exciting note, Jeanette stayed back for a few days of her spring break so she could help me, but then she needed to go to Salt Lake to spend the rest of the week with her family.  Fortunately, my sister and her daughter from Ogden came to stay with me for 2.5 days, and my parents came up for the rest of the weekend.  They are all so good to help!  It was great to have all the help and support.

I am still fortunate to be sleeping well.  I can't imagine the additional misery I would be feeling if I were awake all night.  I'm also so grateful for all of the people that are helping to get me to my radiation treatments.  It's very humbling to see how quickly I was able to fill the calendar with willing friends who are eager to help.

Thank you for all the Easter cards and well wishes!  Even though I felt too sick to go to church yesterday, I felt buoyed up on every side.

Syvanna walking me in to MSTI for my radiation treatment

10 comments:

  1. Michelle, I'm sorry you've felt so crummy. I love you and think if you often. I'm glad so many are able to come help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you've had so much help. 10 down!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still adding my prayers with so many others on your behalf. You have such great faith and determination to fight. And I hope you know how many love you and how many people you've influenced for good--especially me. Keep fighting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! You can count the number of treatments left on ONE hand! It's wonderful that sleep is a sweet escape from the nausea. I hope the 10% of the time that you aren't feeling sour inside, that you are watching some comedies or good cooking shows! We all appreciate your updates Michelle. Sleep tight and sweet dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Michelle, we want you to know we are still thinking about you and praying for you everyday. We luv ya! T & M

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking of you as we embark on a beautiful conference weekend. I know you'll be enjoying the messages as will we. Best Wishes and Well Wishes love the Fishes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michelle my dad William Quigley would love to write if he had your address, I've been helping him keep up through your blog. If you send me your address I'll get it to them.
    Thanks,
    Angel Mecham
    angelmecham@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Michelle!
    So sorry to hear you're feeling so yucky. We hope when the radiation is passed you will feel better and get your appetite back.
    We hope you have felt like listening to General Conference, some powerful insights. We may feel life is unfair, but if we stop and realize Christ was perfect and he suffered for all our sins. If life were fair, there would be no attonement or reserevtion. Jesus' suffering doesn't seem fair, but because of the atonement everything is made fair. Hearing you speak of how you are strengthened by our prayers and God's love, my testimony grows. God our father love us all and is always there for you, me and everyone!
    You are in our Prayers.
    Love
    Rachel and Jay Gardner

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Michelle!
    So sorry to hear you're feeling so yucky. We hope when the radiation is passed you will feel better and get your appetite back.
    We hope you have felt like listening to General Conference, some powerful insights. We may feel life is unfair, but if we stop and realize Christ was perfect and he suffered for all our sins. If life were fair, there would be no attonement or reserevtion. Jesus' suffering doesn't seem fair, but because of the atonement everything is made fair. Hearing you speak of how you are strengthened by our prayers and God's love, my testimony grows. God our father love us all and is always there for you, me and everyone!
    You are in our Prayers.
    Love
    Rachel and Jay Gardner

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm reading this sad, miserable update, and REALLY wishing I had a working magic wand! I would like to take away all of your misery--right now.
    Conference really was wonderful this weekend. I hope it brought you some joy. Elder W. Christopher Waddell gave a great talk today on why everyone must experience sorrow, trials, and heartache in this life. I was thinking of you while he spoke. His three points were to follow Christ--Learn of Me, Listen to my words, and Walk in the meekness of my spirit. Then you are promised peace in this life, and eternal happiness in the next life. We love you. We pray for you. We will continue to do so every single day. Hope this week is better!

    ReplyDelete