01 March 2016

Nine Down, Nine to Go

Today I reached the halfway point in my chemotherapy treatments.  Yahoo!!  It's good to be moving forward, even though I've felt pretty crummy the last few days and the scar tissue (or whatever it is) seems to have gone from bad to worse.  I haven't eaten much since last Wednesday and have lost two lbs.

The good news is that I don't feel lousy tonight, even though my appetite has not returned at all.  I'm looking forward to having a chemo break until March 15th.  I am getting a CT Scan next Tuesday with a result consultation with my oncologist on Wednesday.  Event though my CA 125 numbers are looking better, it will be helpful to have pictures of what is going on inside me.

During my chemo time off, I am also looking forward to a short trip to Utah to see my youngest brother get married in the Manti Temple.  When I go on little vacations these days, I always wish I could be in perfect health for just a few days so that I can fully enjoy everything that is taking place around me.

For now, I am grateful that I can go at all and for all the help my family gives me throughout the weekend.  I know it's not fun for them either!

Thank you for continuing to reach out to me.  Thank you for all  your faith and faithfulness and your prayers in my behalf.


11 comments:

  1. We're looking forward to seeing you during the wedding festivities. By prayer we'll put in an advance "reservation" that you will feel good and hungry during Michael's and Julia's wedding events as well as the traveling involved with this time of celebration. Meanwhile, keep watching those cooking shows, the one with Tia Mowrey is funny and yummy. I've seen it on Saturday evenings, but maybe it has other times as well. Go sit in the sun today and enjoy our "almost spring" weather. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that will be my specific prayers the next 2 weeks. .....a couple days to journey to the temple! !! Of course!!!....p.s. Manti is my favorite! ! Love you BIG XOXO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, that will be my specific prayers the next 2 weeks. .....a couple days to journey to the temple! !! Of course!!!....p.s. Manti is my favorite! ! Love you BIG XOXO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excited to see you at the wedding festivities. Horray for a little chemo break. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're still cheering & praying for you at the Bowler house! Enjoy the break - can't beat the Manti Temple. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a big deal milestone! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michelle, you have been such an inspiration to us as we have followed your journey on your blog. Thank you so much for allowing us to read about all of your miracles. You have been in our prayers and fasting! We were excited to hear about your brother getting married (Michael?). Have such a great time! We love and miss you!!
    -Tom and Janelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for this update. I'm so happy you get to attend your brother's wedding. Manti is my very favorite temple! Wish I could join you. I haven't been there for a long time. We pray for you everyday. You are a miracle, dear friend. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck on your trip!! I'm sorry about that scar tissue, but glad you get a little chemo break. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. We pray for you ever night - and love you always. Xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are a miracle. I'm glad to be back on here reading all the goodness and light that is happening around you. We will continue to pray for you to gain weight. You will be blessed. Best Wishes from the Fishes

    ReplyDelete