16 March 2016

Great Wedding Weekend...Now Radiation Begins

It was so nice to be at Michael's wedding events this weekend!  I'll admit that it was exhausting, but I was so glad that I could be there.  I could not have done it without the constant help of my family.   I've posted some photos.  I didn't spend the whole weekend in a wheelchair, just when there was a lot of walking or standing around that was going to be taking place.  Again, my family came through like superheroes.  

My radiation treatments began yesterday.  I'll have them every day until April 4 (minus the weekends).  So far, they have been pretty quick and painless.  Some people fly through radiation; others struggle.  The two I've had so far have not seemed to present any crazy side effects.  I am so grateful for all the people that are helping me and will continue to help me get to these appointments.

It's been a rough week.  The results of the CT scan last week were nothing short of a kick to the stomach on every level.  I'm still trying to figure out how to process the information.

I'm frequently asked how I'm sleeping, how's my appetite, am I experiencing nausea?  The answers are that I am sleeping great and so grateful for that blessing.  My appetite is terrible.  It's not improving at the current time.  The nausea has been off and on the past week.  I've been throwing up more, but I'm not sure where that's all coming from.  My body is pretty weak, and I have a lot of chest pain.  Apparently, it's from the growth in my chest area.

I cannot express with enough gratitude how I feel about all of the help I am receiving from so many on a daily basis.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.




9 comments:

  1. I'm delighted you made it to the wedding and were able to enjoy family time. And I'm glad you are trekking through all of the obstacles that keep coming up. We think about you and pray for you always. We love you! Life is Good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures are beautiful! We continue to pray for you every night as a family. I hope the radiation treatments continue to give minimal side effects and do their job! We love you. Kellers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved seeding these photos. Such great people at a wonderful celebration. We loved being a teeny part of it. I'm so glad you're sleeping ok. That's huge. Day 3 today. Good luck love! Hope you're wearing green today. That will help. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will keep checking on this to see how you're doing! I don't know if you remember me, but you were the greatest seminary teacher I had! I will keep you in my prayers! Random, but I was thinking of at the beginning of March and remembered how you challenged us to a March Madness to read the entire BofM in March. I failed miserably but I want to do it some month this year! Hang in there! -Kelly Pettingill Nordfelt

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! You made it to the wedding! So glad! Think of you often. ...this week i will pray for less throwing up. ....it's so awful! Hate that you have to do it so often! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! You made it to the wedding! So glad! Think of you often. ...this week i will pray for less throwing up. ....it's so awful! Hate that you have to do it so often! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending you our love and prayers from Taiwan. We think of you everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was lovely spending time with you last week. Our visit in the Temple was sweet. I liked seeing your energetic "Michelle" walk, and understood the need to sit or hitch a ride in the chariot! (My feet were killing me)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hurray for wonderful families, and weddings, and good friends. You've got the best of the best! These pictures are awesome! Thank you so much for sharing them. You look incredible! Don't worry about what's coming. Just enjoy the day God has given you! Sending so much love your way. xoxo

    ReplyDelete