05 April 2016

15/15

I finished my fifteenth radiation treatment yesterday!  I wish I could say that I feel better, or that it has made a significant difference.  However, it has been a very rough couple of weeks.  I feel pretty miserable all of the time.  I finally stopped throwing up a few days ago, but I am still so weak and am in a lot of pain.

There's been no talk of another scan any time soon.  I'm getting the impression that there won't be another scan for at least two months.  I start my new chemotherapy on Thursday.  It will be once a week for at least two months.  I don't know what to expect from this new chemo.  I'm just so sick of being sick.

My sister is here from California for a few days, which is a real blessing.  Thank you for your prayers and fasting.  I am certainly in need of strength beyond my own.  Thanks for continuing to reach out to me.

I'm hoping the next blog post has better news and that I'm feeling better!


10 comments:

  1. Thinking of you and praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love you Michelle. Wish we lived closer so I could eat ice cream with you for my birthday today. We just got back from Leatherbys. My dad was there too. Can you tolerate ice cream or hit fudge? I just thought I would write something different as a fun memory and distract you to a yummy thought. Take care of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending you our love and prayers! We love you Michelle! Big hugs and healing light.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dad had both radiation and chemo, and radiation definitely hit him the hardest. He did end up feeling better a bit after radiation treatments ended. Praying you feel improvement, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad for the update. Horray for Mindy being in town! And for all your wondering supporters. Wish I was closer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. CONGRATULATIONS on completing your radiation!! Hopefully you will see some positive results from it soon! I'm so happy to hear you have had a break from vomiting. Bless your heart! Good luck on the upcoming chemo. Thoughts, prayers and fasting continue. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Still fasting and praying! Sending lots of love your direction. I hope you'll be feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. 15/15 is a major accomplishment! I'm so happy for you that it is over. Now you can move on to getting better! My pregnancies of month after month of being sick still haunt me. Nausea is not for the faint of heart--especially when you don't know if it will ever end. But rest assured, even the darkest of days never last forever. Your daylight is coming! We will now all be praying for you to have "strength beyond your own." I'm so glad you keep this blog, it helps us be more specific in our prayers, as we continually plead to the Lord on your behalf. We love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hang in there, sweet friend! Sorry this has been such a rough go. You are courageous and I marvel that you can muster up a smile and positive words for everyone you greet! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hang in there, sweet friend! Sorry this has been such a rough go. You are courageous and I marvel that you can muster up a smile and positive words for everyone you greet! Love you!

    ReplyDelete