14 April 2016

Second Round of New Chemo

I didn't tolerate the first round of the new chemo very well.  I pretty much threw up everything from Thursday afternoon until Sunday night.  Fortunately, I haven't thrown up since Monday, and I've had a bit more appetite since then as well.

I had my second round of my new treatment this afternoon.  The pharmacist mixed up a new concoction for my anti-nausea pre-meds, which has been encouraging so far.  The oncologist has some minor concerns about my kidney, so I will be having an ultrasound tomorrow morning on my kidneys to rule out an obstruction.

I've been blessed with spring break visitors this week from California.  It's so nice to have them here.  I'm so thankful for all of the people who are helping me.  I receive help in ways I don't even know I need until I receive it.





7 comments:

  1. so wonderful to see these cute photos with those darling little people visiting. i hope this new concoction of meds will help and be much better for you. sending love from west jordan. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the pictures! Hope this new round goes better than last week's. Life is Good :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your darling family! It was fun to get to know Mindy and kiddos, and add them to the list of awesome DuBois family members i know. Such a blessing to be surrounded by loving family! Draw any strength you can from their love and support!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your darling family! It was fun to get to know Mindy and kiddos, and add them to the list of awesome DuBois family members i know. Such a blessing to be surrounded by loving family! Draw any strength you can from their love and support!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you will do much better with the nausea this week. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you will do much better with the nausea this week. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Mr. Pharmacist for mixing up a new concoction for my sweet friend. I'm hoping and praying that it will work. And thank you sweet little baby for being so cute and chubby. Your visit and adorable little body lit up Michelle's whole face with Joy! Sweetest picture.
    Angels seem to come in all shapes and sizes. I'm so happy that you are surrounded by so many wonderful people!

    ReplyDelete