08 April 2016

New Chemo

I got my first round of the new chemotherapy treatment yesterday.  I'm not quite sure why, but I ended up throwing up the whole rest of the day and more this morning.  It was baffling, because I had just received a loading dose of anti-nausea meds through my IV, and this type of chemo is supposedly well-tolerated.

I haven't thrown up again since this morning.  I was able to go on a short walk today in the most glorious spring weather.  I'll receive the same treatment once a week for the next couple of months.  Hopefully the rest of this week will level out and the drug can do what it's supposed to do.

Here are some pictures of my time with Mindy!

 I went to the temple with Melissa and Mindy...beautiful spring!


Got to spend some time with Baby B...

Went for a little walk around the block.

12 comments:

  1. Your whole face lit up next to Baby B! What a great capture. I'm so glad Mindy is here and brought some cute baby joy with her. You have such wonderful sisters! Happy to read that you made it to the temple. Hoping for a great day for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle we pray for you and love you. We wish you healing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to hear that you were able to go out and about yesterday. I love when you are with your family. What a blessing. Prayers from strength stamina and weight gain. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that baby. I'm glad you got some Mindy time. I'm sorry you're so sick of being sick. Last night I cried because of migraines and felt a little bit like my body is the enemy; I thought of you and how much courage you have. It takes a brave faith to just grit and go on. I feel lucky to know you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe you've been so sick even with all the meds. Ugh. I hope that changes soon. Fun to have Mindy and that cute baby visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michelle, you are in a rough battle, but you have proven that you are able to battle through with your usual tough determination. I hope you can eat something delicious today and have some pain free hours. You are always in the front of our prayers. Love, Bonnie (I'm with Rachel, waiting for her baby girl to make her debut into the world!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending some love and prayers your way. Here's hoping for some much deserved relief from the nausea and discomfort. You are Wonder Woman as far as I'm concerned!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We fasted for you on Sunday that your nausea would depart! I'm trying to have faith that it worked. I keep checking back to see if there is a happy, better feeling post up yet...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Still concerned for you and watching your journey with love and interest. Your family is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Michelle, I love seeing the picture of you! Thank you for posting your experience and keeping us up to date. I think you nearly every day! Love you 1'st cousin....... Lori Bergstrom

    ReplyDelete