16 November 2015

Surgeon Consult

Today the surgeon gave me the option to have surgery or to not have surgery, and I chose to continue.  He explained to me how high risk it is, yet I'm choosing to go forward.

He did change the date to December 2 because of a scheduling conflict with the other surgeon who will be helping him.

He was very real with me and explained that this would not be a cure....kinda hard to hear, but I want to move forward with surgery.

I feel this is the best move at this time.

10 comments:

  1. Big news. I'm surprised but hopeful that it's the right thing for you. I'm sure this decision was a hard one to make. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you hear my audible GASP??! This took me completely by surprise! Then I remembered, oh yeah, this is Michelle we're talking about. Our spiritual giant, woman of faith, filled with determination, persistence, diligence, and HOPE! Well, if she can make a decision like this, then watch out world! Bring it--Mr. Surgeon. Dec. 2nd it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you!! I have no doubt this is the right decision because I know what goes in to your decisions. Isn't it convenient that everyone who loves you believes in miracles? :-) We are all behind you with all that entails!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rockin Awesome. Our prayers are with you and the Drs on this day and each day forward.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Post a picture again soon so we can see your sweet face.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I pray for you every night. You are in God's hands. It will be as is His plan. We love you so much. Sister Day

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so brave. Love and prayers, Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  8. I completely support your decision, and I hope that it will help with your discomfort. Dec. 2nd? Plenty of time for us to pray for your doctors, they'll do great! And so will you!

    ReplyDelete