02 November 2015

Countdown to Surgery

Barring anything crazy, my de-bulking surgery is four weeks from today.

It's time for me to ramp it up with calories, exercise, and other uncomfortable preparations.

Since I have lost over 40 pounds, it is critical that I put on some weight over the next few weeks.  I try so hard every day.  It is a constant struggle.

At the same time, I have lost so much muscle mass from low activity, that it is also critical that my body is tougher four weeks from now.  I started going to a gym today.  I must say, it was pretty embarrassing.  I did six minutes on the recumbent bike and 30 leg presses before my little chicken legs were done.  I also went on a field trip to Hobby Lobby this afternoon which was a bit of a workout.

Today, I was telling my nurse sister that I wish my surgery were tomorrow instead of a month from now.  She told me there is no way my surgery could be tomorrow because I am too skinny and too weak.  It was then that I realized that my weight and strength weren't luxuries, they are necessities.

Today started a new commitment to weight and strength. Please, please pray for me.  This is hard.

7 comments:

  1. Atta girl! You and I are hitting the gym tomorrow! Keep up the good work. I could have my boys give you some suggestions of how to eat to bulk up too. ;) You can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Atta girl! You and I are hitting the gym tomorrow! Keep up the good work. I could have my boys give you some suggestions of how to eat to bulk up too. ;) You can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will be praying specifically for your preparation for the surgery. The countdown is on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You Can Do This!! I would love to take you to exercise with you any day. Let's go together! *But I'd also tell you to take up Lynette's offer of learning from her boys. Because, hello, Jacob's lookin' Good!! He knows all the secrets. Let's be serious, who wouldn't want to be seen with him at the gym?? Only 4 more weeks!! This is so EXCITING!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michelle, be the little engine that could, and say "I think I can I think I can" then eat, andu walk and do bicycles with your arms and legs then say "I thought I could I thought I could!" You can do this, but I'm so sorry that it is hard. Prayer power and faith is all around you; we are all praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do stil pray for you daily. We pray for you here in az.reliv' nutritional supplement has a product for weight gain. Someone in your ward is probably a distributor if not go online. Reliv' julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do stil pray for you daily. We pray for you here in az.reliv' nutritional supplement has a product for weight gain. Someone in your ward is probably a distributor if not go online. Reliv' julie

    ReplyDelete