31 August 2015

But If Not....

Just got off the phone with my Gyn Onc.  He let me know that he believes I am currently too much of a clot risk to go forward with the surgery at this time.  Apparently, there are three clot risks associated with all major surgeries.  In a surgery this massive, everyone comes to the table with two of the three, which is risky enough!  However, because of my current blood clotting situation, I come as a triple threat, putting the situation in a danger zone he doesn't want to touch right now.
Soooo.......I will be starting chemotherapy this week.  He said something about doing two cycles of it, which means approximately two months.  Then, we will re-evaluate after two months for the surgery.
Even though he told me in our appointment on Thursday that our initial plan had a higher survival rate, this is the direction we are going at this time.  Hopefully my body will respond well to chemo so that the doctors aren't forced into a surgery if the timing isn't right.
For anyone (including myself) who was asking the Lord to dissolve the blood clots over the weekend:  we don't even know if there are clots in my lungs at this point!  The doctor went back to the clots in my arms, which were there last week, and used them as the example of my current clotting risk.
I will still see the pulmonologist tomorrow.  Wednesday, instead of surgery prep, I will be receiving a chemo port and a biopsy.
On we go.  No faith lost.  Ugh, though.

Daniel 3:17-18

Today's news may not be my favorite, so how about a couple of pictures from yesterday?  Have you ever seen a cuter Primary class?  I love them.

This beautiful baby was blessed in California yesterday.  I love Berrett Walter Dibb! He is my newest nephew.  I also love that his face here shows how I think I felt when I got off the phone with the doctor today.  All is well (for me, and for BWD)





5 comments:

  1. So that picture of your primary class totally flashed me back to when I was in Primary. Girls on one side and boys on the other. Where never the two shall meet! Ah, the good, old, uncomplicated days..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a darling primary class and that darling baby Berrett.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Onward and upward! Sounds like a plan. You are in awesome hands. There is a song just released (by Elvis Presley org.)on FB, called something like His Hands. It is a video and has beautiful pictures and message. I don't think I am your friend on FB but Terri or Jeanette probably saw it and maybe sent it to you. If I knew what I was doing I would send it to you... I don't have your email of FB page. Lots of love going your way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are so happy that you are back in our wad again! We sure missed you when you were gone! We couldn't be more thrilled that one of our kids has you in primary! I know all of the kids in primary want you as a teacher so we are so blessed! You always show so much interest in each person...I remember when we first moved in to the ward you were determined to know each of our kids names! We love you so much! You are the best! You are in our thoughts & prayers!

    ReplyDelete