30 August 2015

Blood Clotting Is A Nice Litttle Feature Until It's Not

No sooner had I left the doctor's office than I got a phone call from St. Luke's central scheduling wanting to set up a CT scan.  Well, this did not make an ounce of sense to me and I assumed it must be a mistake.  I even asked the scheduler to double-check the instructions because I had just had a scan and was scheduled for a surgery.  She said it was requested by my new Gyn-Onc which also didn't make sense to me because I had JUST left his office.  I insisted she call his office back to be sure we weren't making a mistake here.  Turns out there was no mistake!  I was getting another CT scan.  He had seen something a little fishy on the scan in my chest area, to which I agreed, I had felt a little pain in my chest.  Nothing major, but not surprising.  As far as I knew, that was the end of the discussion.  As it turns out, a "little fishy" plus a "little pain" equals another CT scan.  I must admit, I wasn't even a little bit concerned about it, but happy that he was so diligent.
I went in for the CT scan Friday morning.  In and out...no one got hurt....let's get on with this treatment plan!  Not so quick, missy!  Dr. P called back within the hour.  He said that the CT scan showed multiple tiny blood clots in BOTH of my lungs.  Ugh. Ugh.  He said my surgery may need to be delayed, I would need to meet with a pulmonologist, and we may need to start the chemotherapy before the surgery.  I may be too high risk due to the clots in my lungs.
This is where so many of you come in to the story.  When a dear, sweet friend of mine heard about the clots in my lungs, she said, without hesitation, "Sounds like we need to ask the Lord to dissolve those blood clots before Wednesday."  When she said those words, I knew that was what we needed to specifically pray and fast for.  Do I know I will have no clots in my lungs by Wednesday?  Of course not.  Am I sure the Lord wants me to move forward with my surgery on Wednesday?  Of course not.  But I  knew then that would be what I would ask for, and we would put our trust in the Lord and see what He has in store for this coming week.  
More to come!  Just didn't want to leave those of you who know the lung clot complication story wondering if we are still moving forward on Wednesday.  I don't know and won't know for a few days.  
Love you all....
Goodnight

3 comments:

  1. I think about you and miss you, more than you know, Michelle. You've impacted my life and understanding of the Gospel in a very large way. I'm sorry it took some bad news for me to find a way to track you down (thanks to Tippy). I will pray for this specifically. ~~All my love, Shannon C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am inspired by your insights. I love how you are willing to share the lesson you learned about manna. The Lord did something huge for the Israelites thousands of years ago, and many didn't "get it". You do...and thank you for pointing that out to all of us, to me. I too often live in the past or look forward to the future. I need to learn live in the "manna moment". Many prayers for you are been sent in a flurry to Heavenly Father. He knows. His plan for you is awesome. Love, Bonnie aka your "favorite" aunt ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still trying to wrap my head around you being so sick. You were such a good sport to let my little people crawl all over you at the yogurt place just a few weeks ago and you were so incredibly sweet to them and me and you were so sick inside. It makes my heart just ache.

    ReplyDelete