30 August 2015

Plan Time

Thursday morning could not come soon enough!  It was almost embarrassing how Christmas Eve-ish Wednesday night felt. I was anxious to meet the doctor, talk about what was going on, and make a plan.  However, at the same time, it was unsettling to think another shoe may be dropping in our visit.
I had invited my sister and my friend to come with me.  They could help me sort out the information and also give me needed support.  I definitely chose my dynamic duo perfectly.
Long-ish story short-ish.  My first impression of my Gyn-Onc was very positive.  I will move forward with him unless I have any hesitations.  We all liked him.
We discussed what they saw on my scans, tests, and ultrasounds and talked about potential treatment plans.
I've got a lot going on in my body.  It looks like multiple tumors, messed up organs, and widespread cancer.  I seem to be pretty sick.
I will need a massive "debulking" surgery to cut out the tumors and messed up stuff.  Apparently, the recovery is brutal.  Good thing I've got the Lord, angels, family, friends, and a decent sense of humor because it sounds like I'm going to need them all!
A few weeks after the "gutting", then begins all sorts of heavy-duty chemotherapy to kill the cancer which may be spread from hither to yon and from heck to yesterday.  FYI, I will lose my hair and no, I will not be wearing a wig.  Hair is over-rated and takes too much time. My hair is the least of my concerns.  We actually discovered that my brother-in-law looks awesome without hair so maybe I will too.
They scheduled my surgery for Wednesday, 02 September.  The surgery is planned for 1pm and can take anywhere from 2-6 hours.  I have to be there at 9am to have some sort of umbrella like filter inserted into my body.  Because I have been struggling with blood clots in my legs and arms, they will insert some sort of "clot catcher" in my body to keep the clots from going to my lungs and brain.

I have included photos of my hospital, my dynamic duo, the surgery schedule and a list of all of the stuff they plan to do in the debulking surgery.  Warning:  the debulking list is long and might make you want to throw up.  However, since most of you will not understand a word it says, I am not terribly concerned.  I don't even know what it all means.  I do know that my eight year-old nephew has first dibs on my extracted organs if I get to take them home.:)  Awesome show and tell!









4 comments:

  1. That is quite a list!! And I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you're still smiling and love you and that dynamic duo! Life is good :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bring it! Kick this Cancer out! You've have an army praying for you. I'm completely confident that angels will fill that surgical suite, and it will be a perfect success! Yes. *positive affirmations.

    ReplyDelete