24 June 2016

Last Chemo Before Scan

Apparently the blood transfusion from last week did what it needed to do to qualify me for one last chemo before the next scan.  I think it went well.  It's hard to know how to measure these things.

My parents have been here with me all week, which has been terrific.  There has been less nausea and pain over the last few days too, always a bonus.

I have been the recipient of many well wishes with regard to my upcoming birthday in July.  I just wanted to share one that really made me smile.  My nephew Nicolas recreated a childhood antic where he turned himself into a cupcake.  He's so cute and funny.  I put both videos below.  The most recent one he made this week as a birthday wish for me.

I also received a fun visit from my former neighbors, who walked me out to my little garden so I could see its progress.  It was such a little thing and so fun.  It's the little things that we need to appreciate that make us smile.




 Wilson Family
My little garden!

4 comments:

  1. You were so alive and happy today when we came to visit. You were sitting up at the table like it was no big deal, eating a Blimpie sandwich. Wow! Brinley asked me on the way home, if Heavenly Father was answering our prayers for Sister DuBois, and I said, "Absolutely! Did you see her sitting in a chair today? That was today's answer--she can sit up, eat, and enjoy the fun and very happy visit from her nieces and nephews in her house today." You really are our living answer to prayers! We pray for you everyday, and then we talk about what is happening as a result of those prayers. You're building a beautiful testimony for our family, and so many others, by your positive posts, your determined attitude, and your unbreakable spirit. It makes me so happy, maybe I'll follow Nicolas's example and make myself a cupcake! : ) I hope you have a pain free week, and many more good days. ' So much light and love radiates from you,' we felt it today. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicolas' cupcake recipe is priceless! I'm so glad that you have felt hungrier, less pain and nausea this past week - YESsss! Your little garden has flowers nodding in it: you and your friends! Your tomato plant is huge! Deliciousness is waiting around the corner, like little purple pansies. Continue to try, try, try, because you are gladdening a spot for all of us. (your garden pic sparked the head-shaking garden references) (sorry) (not) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite part of Nicolas' first video is Greg's look he shot at Mind! Hahahahahaha! You are in my prayers dear Michelle! You and the entire DuBois family that are supporting you! Love you all!! Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Michelle(Sister Dubois, amazing seminary teacher to me). I was made aware of your condition and blog by another WJHS alumni. So I came here heart broken and started reading. I have thought of you so much over the past 20 years since I graduated. I talk about you still to this day and wonder how your life has been. I teach your lessons to my kids because they were unforgettable. I am amazed by your faith and strength. I wish I had known sooner about this so I could have added my faith and prayers to your list of amazing friends and family and probably many others that you don't know. but I am tacking myself on to that list today.
    Love to you and your family! Dawn Mortensen Plaudis

    ReplyDelete