11 June 2016

Downs and Ups

This week was a roller coaster ride of downs and ups.  The beginning of the week was rough.  I was dealing with a lot of pain and weakness.  I felt like my legs weren't working right, and I had the always present pain and tightness in my chest.  I was scheduled to have a paracentesis to drain the excess fluid from my abdomen on Wednesday, but I was feeling so sick on Tuesday that we cancelled.

I had a surprise up when I found out my sister Stephanie and her daughter Syvanna were coming to visit for a couple of days.  They arrived Wednesday evening.

Thursday I greeted the day with lots of throwing up, pain and weakness, which didn't go over well with my doctor at the chemo visit.  We decided to hold off on the chemo until I was in better shape.  Instead, I got IV fluids and medicine, and we adjusted my daily medicines as well.  I felt pretty good Thursday night and enjoyed the sweet visit from my sister and niece.

Friday's chemo actually went pretty well, and I have been feeling decent since then.  The new medicine regime seems to be helping too.  I had another up with the visit from the doctor this week which I can't help but attribute to the increase in fasting and prayer.  My CA-125 (cancer number) was down significantly from 2500 to 1200!  It's not time to throw a dance party, but any decrease in the CA-125 is cause to celebrate!

I continue to sleep great, and I am eating okay too.  Thank you for all your faith and fasting this past week.  Thank you for your sacrifice which I know continues to bless me.  I continue to be blessed by many wonderful people!

Left to Right:  niece Syvanna, sister Melissa, yours truly, sister Stephanie

7 comments:

  1. Great news about sweet visitors and numbers down! We will celebrate any good news! Been thinking about you. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad about the downs, happy about the ups! Continued prayers that the Lord's succor will keep coming to you according to the demands of each new day. Always thinking of you and prayers for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute Family!!
    Much Love!!
    Carlie,Jess,Talli,Kole,Becki,Brandt Goodwin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there Michelle, that throwing up thing has got to get old, you are a patient patient!
    The pictures with your sisters and niece are so happy and smiley!
    Just look at your hair coming back - exciting! Have a happy, sunny Thursday! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You find good in every little thing! I'm so glad you are having some ups. Thank you Stephanie for coming to visit! We continue to pray for you everyday. So far...you've survived 100% of your very worst days. That makes you seriously AMAZING!! Keep being victorious.

    ReplyDelete