01 June 2016

Breaks and Bubbles

As per my treatment cycle, I had a break from chemotherapy a week ago Thursday.  I threw up more than normal the first week, but have done better over the last five days.  My appetite has improved as well in this past week.  I'm still drinking a couple of yucky drinks per day, but it's been augmented by noodles, an occasional tuna sandwich, and lots of ginger ale.  I even ate some roast beef and mashed potato over the last few days.  And some artichoke hearts!  Yum.

A fun group of my family came to visit over Memorial Day weekend.  They wanted to run in the Boise Bubble Race in honor of Rylan and come see me and help me.  They did a great job of all of it.  As I am putting my Meridian house on the market this week, they did a fabulous job of scrubbing down the outside of the house and the fence.  They scrubbed down all the last minute cupboards and walls in preparation for the sale.  That is a good bunch of hard workers!  The last of the bunch went home yesterday.  It was so great to have family here over Memorial Day weekend.

I start another round of chemotherapy this coming Thursday.  I will do three more Thursdays, and then we will scan again to see what's going on in there.  Thank you again for all your uplifting cards, phone calls, messages, thoughts, prayers, visits....they all help me so much!  I hope you're all enjoying this glorious spring.








4 comments:

  1. Michelle -- you are such a trooper. Good luck with the rest of the treatments and the sale of your home. I think your hair is so cute. I love reading your blog and am so impressed with your positive attitude and zest for life. Keep it up girl. Love you, Marietta

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU LOOK BEAUTIFUL! I'm glad that you can enjoy some favorite foods and drink those not-so-delicious drinks - both will keep your strength up. Your DuBois family is loving and fun-loving: lovely people to have around! Thanks for the blog update, you had us worried since we hadn't heard from you since the 19th. Your fans love to hear from you! <3 Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so cute surrounded by all those loved ones. Lucy started praying for your doctors to find a cure for you after a lesson on being specific in our prayers in fhe. And I have fond memories of making and eating tuna sandwiches with pickles with you. Wish I was eating one with you right now. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even I can't keep down a tuna sandwich! ;) love you. We think of you often and pray for you regularly; we want you to feel loved, watched over, and strengthened.

    ReplyDelete