19 May 2016

Another Week

There's been a lot going on this week.  I've had a lot of pain, decreased mobility, and too much weakness for my liking, but my parents came up on Friday and stayed until yesterday.  I was able to go to my niece's district track meet.  It was nice to sit outside for a few hours. My parents do a good job of trying to feed me.  They must have done a decent job, because I was up over two pounds this week over last week at my chemo appointment.

I received a chemo treatment this afternoon and will now have a week off before my next one.  My friend Melodie came today from San Francisco to visit.  She will stay until Sunday.  It didn't take long to realize that Mindy had snuck some of her liquid gold into Melodie's suitcase!

I sure am getting a lot of help these days as we prepare to put my house on the market here in the next couple of weeks.  It would be impossible without the help of my sister and her husband who, with entirely full plates of their own, are also adding this project to their lives.

I continue to feel the power of so many prayers being offered in my behalf.  Thank you all so much for the help I am receiving from each of you.



11 comments:

  1. You are doing so well Michelle. You have such a grateful heart and remain in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Text me anytime at 208 494 7019. I would love a little chat with you when you have a short break

      Delete
  2. Yay! A visit from Mel! That would brighten anyone's day. Keep fighting - we're still here cheering you on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy to hear about a 2 lb increase, You have great parents! I hope you enjoy your weekend with Melodie. What a sweet friend. We'll pray for more energy to walk and feel good. Thank you for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Michelle, this is Suzann Jones from the Butler 18th Ward. Can I get your address to send a letter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! 1160 W Anton Drive Meridian Idaho 83646

      Delete
  5. How fun to have a visitor and fresh oranges! Keep that weight gain up. That's what I like to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you staying in the hospital or just there for chemo? Love the oranges. I'm in St. George and my parents send their love. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Michelle, we keep you in our thoughts, hearts and prayers. . .always. I hope you are enjoying Olive Garden and oranges and your favorite Mexican food to help you tip the scale. I'm glad that you are still sleeping well at night. Keep on being "Determined Michelle"!!

    ReplyDelete