02 May 2016

Eventful Weekend

Well, friends, it was an eventful weekend....

Saturday morning I woke up with some unusual and severe pain.  It originated in my left hip and radiated down my leg.  My morning meds did little for it, and neither did walking, massaging, or changing positions.  By evening, I was feeling a little warm, and my temperature confirmed that I had a slight fever.  I knew that I would need to go get it checked if it spiked to 101.5, so at 101.3 we started packing for the ER.

The ER visit meant lots of questions, tests, fluids, and waiting.  By about midnight, the docs had determined that I had no new blood clots, but my bladder was distended and not emptying fully.  The solution to this involved a horrible procedure from which I will spare you the details, and the ensuing draining of 1.5 liters.

The team decided it was best to transfer me to St. Luke's downtown for additional tests and monitoring, so I got another fun ride in the paramedics van about 2 AM.  I may or may not have been so tired that I missed most of it.

I'm not going to lie -- I appreciate so much doctors, nurses, and hospital staff for their hard work and kindness -- but I just hate the hospital.  I had to stay the rest of Saturday, all of Sunday, and I was finally discharged about noon on Monday (today).  My temperature is back to normal and the pain in my leg is gone.  I am so happy to be home!  I brought home a new antibiotic to fight the infection that caused the fever.

I recognize and appreciate so much the fasting and prayers for me this weekend.   Thank you so much.





7 comments:

  1. Michelle you continue to fight like a champion. Keep it up girl. Your writings are authentic and keep those of us that are far away, in the loop. Prayers of strength continue to come your way. We love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you had a rough, pain-filled weekend. I'm so sorry you had to go through it, but it sounds like you powered through, like you always do. You are courageous and valiant. I hope you have a better week and can enjoy some sunshine. The whole Arnold family loves you, Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not fun. Sorry. I'm glad you're out. Sending love from the Sorensens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not fun. Sorry. I'm glad you're out. Sending love from the Sorensens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh friend, I'm so sorry. Not a fun weekend at all.
    I'm so glad you are back at home, and that some very smart person invented antibiotics to fight your infection.
    We fasted and prayed for you on Sunday. I hope each day just gets better and better! Lots of love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i've been wondering about you and was getting even more nervous than i already am about you when there was no update or word from you. sounds like your weekend was eventful....in all the wrong ways! so sorry for your hospital stay but glad you are home now. hang in there love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Michelle, saying hi this lovely Tuesday evening. Hope you've had a better day. As I reflected on Mother's Day about the wonderful women that have influenced me in my life your sweet face and name came to mind. I love that we've shared some serious laughs together. You inspired me when we were in the B18 ward together, and you still inspire me now. Thank you for your wonderful influence. We love you.

    ReplyDelete