10 May 2016

Family Visits

Since my visit to the hospital, I've had some wonderful family visits.  First was my sister Mindy and beautiful baby Berrett.  Although their visit was very short, I was so glad they came because they do so much to help me.  I always feel bad because I am so sick that I don't bring any fun to the party, but it's so great to have them here.  Mindy brings oranges from the orange tree in her backyard in California.  Once you squeeze them, they make a delicious liquid gold that I think could cure almost anything!

Mindy left on Thursday, and by Friday night I had the wonderful combination of my niece Jessica, as well as my sister Stephanie and her family.  I had some nice time alone with Jessica on Friday; I was so glad she could come visit from Rexburg.  I didn't feel awful on Friday night, which was nice for a change.  The Simmons were all over on Saturday, and boy did they work hard!!  They went nuts on Jeanette's yard, as well as my yard.  It was so great to see Ronald and how hard he worked and how great he looks.  I felt well enough to go outside and sit on a recliner and watch them work.  I really did have a few decent hours on Saturday.   I am so glad the Simmons and Jessica could come.

I have been pretty sick since Sunday.  I almost made it to church, but then last minute felt so yucky I just couldn't pull it off.  I'm always grateful to the priesthood boys who bring me the sacrament when I can't go.  The Simmons and I and Jeanette went to the Johnsons for a nice Mother's Day dinner.  

Monday and Tuesday, yesterday and today, I have been quite weak and have done very little.  My appetite is slightly better, and I've enjoyed a little bit of spaghetti, chili verde, and orange juice over the last few days.  I am still sleeping great, for which I am extremely grateful.   I continue to receive so much needed help as I struggle with what should be easy day to day tasks.  I am so thankful!  

I have chemotherapy again on Thursday.  I don't know if it is doing anything to help me, but I do seem to be tolerating the side effects well.  

I have been told by a few people recently that I need to tone down the smiling in my photos a little bit, because the smiling makes me look like I feel a lot better than I actually do.  I think that's a good point.  I would have to say that the smiling in the photos is exactly how I feel being surrounded by my sweet family, so there's nothing phony about those smiles, but I really don't feel good most of the time.  

Thank you for always reaching out to me and for extending the help that I need so much.  Looking forward to more friends and family coming this next week.






11 comments:

  1. The pictures speak a thousand words, but the one word that is most important is: LOVE . . . I hope and pray all goes well with the rest of your week. I'm glad that you sleep well at night and tolerate the chemo better. It's great that you have more of your/our family coming to visit - it's something fun to look forward to! Onward ever onward. Forward pressing forward. God our strength will be. . . LOVE you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't tone down the smiling! Those moments are probably the highlight of the days. Yay for family visits and orange juice. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, definitely keep smiling! Smiling is your trademark. Your logo. Your true personality shining through. It's how you leave others feeling after they get to spend time with you. Your smile reminds us that so many of our prayers have been answered. Maybe we should call it your new occupation: "Aspiring Beam of Light!" Ha! : ) We sure love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some of my favorites from Mother Teresa:
    "Peace starts with a simple smile."
    S.M.I.L.E. = See Miracles In Life Everyday
    "Every time you Smile at someone it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing."
    "We may never know all the good that a little Smile can do."

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you can smile....then please do!!! I love that your family is bringing that smile to your face! Just glad you feel the love! Love you! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you can smile....then please do!!! I love that your family is bringing that smile to your face! Just glad you feel the love! Love you! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love seeing you surrounded by family. that's the best. love the recliner outside. glad for your bit of food you ate and kept down. keep that up. love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pictures. Happy for you to have such great company to visit you. Thanks for your smile. We think you are a rockstar! We keep praying for your strength and stamina.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We love you too! Amanda wears her 'team Michelle' shirt often and you are always in our prayers! I love how Michelle B. stated it in her comment when she said your smile is your true personality shining through! And that's how we feel as we leave from a visit! You amaze me and I'm so grateful for your strength and testimony! Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feelings here with us!! You are so loved! Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Michelle, you are so beautiful. You still have such a light even though you're going through this crummy thing. Always thinking of you and praying for you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Always praying for you, Michelle, and the miracle you need to return to your healthy life! You're amazing, and please keep smiling :D

    ReplyDelete