18 June 2016

Charmelicas

These days, Charmelicas (named for my niece and nephews Amelia, Nicolas, and Charlie who gave him to me) is sporting some fancy jewelry.  He got a new blood band Friday when I had to go to Boise St. Luke's for a blood transfusion.  My blood counts were low, which would have made it unsafe to do my typical chemotherapy.  We rescheduled the chemo for this coming Thursday.  In the meantime, I am resting and working on getting my platelet counts up!

I wasn't surprised to receive these lab numbers as I have been extremely weak and sick this past week.  I never feel great, but this has been a particularly hard week for this sick body of mine.  I continue to be amazed at the inspiration so many receive at just the right time to help me out.

Thank you for your divine guidance and your sensitive spiritual hearing.  So many of you seem to show up at just the right time with just the right thing.  Please keep praying and praying and praying for the guidance and help I need as we make treatment decisions in the near future.


5 comments:

  1. Hello my friend. Sending earn thoughts to you, I thought of you today when we drove past Boulder Hollow on our way to the mount view cottonwood heights park to play on the splash pad with family. Just wanted to share warm thoughts coming your way. Stay strong and continue to be brave. We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you. Always. Praying for your guidance on your treatments. Hope your sabbath tomorrow will be peaceful. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sister Du Bois! I haven't seen you in person for quite some time, but I just wanted to let you know I have been thinking of you a lot lately. I'm sending lots of prayers that you are able to overcome such a diagnosis. If anyone can do it, it would definitely be you. I am also sending an infinite number of warm fuzzies your way. :) You have clearly touched the lives of so many people- your dedication to the church, tenacity for life, infectious smile and resilient attitude have always been a few of the things I admire about you. You are such a wonderful person through and through, and I consider myself privileged to have met you. My life was changed for the better the day I met you. One of my grandma's (Melba Thorne) favorite sayings was this. “I like the Polynesian word Aloha. It means everything: Hello- when you’re arriving; so long when you’re departing. It means my heart is warm for you. It means now is always, there was no beginning and there is no end. Friendship was always. It will be forever. Aloha is a happy way to say hello and a pleasant way to say goodbye. I just couldn’t bring myself to say goodbye- but Aloha.” May god be with you until we meet again.
    Much love,
    Drew LaCombe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you'll post and tell us how Thursday goes. We think about you everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michelle, I so admire your strength. I will renew my prayers for you and your caregivers. I know the Lord loves you and will guide your hand.

    ReplyDelete